





This year Christmas came in February for the girls in our family. My mom gave us a quilting retreat. First off let me define what a quilting retreat is: it is where women gather together at a cabin, eat tons of food, sew all day and sleep all night (by the way this is a rare thing that happens for women with children). Now I must admit I was really excited for the women getting together, eating tons of food and sleeping, but to my surprise I found a new hobby- you got it sewing-who would have guessed? We had a great time together and unbelievably each finished a quilt, thank you so much mom for always helping us create great memories, this is one I won't soon forget! P.S. Thanks Luke for taking care of Dominik!



4 comments:
Look at you...all domestic! That is so freaking cool. It is amazing what you can make with some extra time, and a good teacher.
Sadie
P.S. Know what you mean..and you totally deserved that sleep!
Ok Julie!! I know you said you were jealous of me going to see the Suns...but I am totally way more jealous of your quilting getaway!!! Those quilts are so stinkin' cute!!! I really need to learn to sew. It looks like you n ur mom n sis's had fun!!
Who knew you would like to sew?! I remember one gift of love quilt you were doing one Christmas. I thought you were going to die...that stuff takes a lot of patience.
bomb, you're turning into such a well rounded women!
Post a Comment