I am astonished at how fast time flies when you have kids. For instance I feel like it was just yesterday that I was bringing Dominik home from the hospital. Now each day he is doing something new, and more often than not it something hilarious! His little vocabulary is getting bigger and bigger and I often find myself wanting to savor the moment with each little thing he says and does, and so lately I have been savoring the moments rather than rushing through the moments. I think sometimes I get so caught up in what I have to do and when it has to be done that I forget what is really important. So today when Dominik brought me his boots and asked for me to put them on instead, of distracting him and hiding them, I put them on (the reason I have to hide them is because this inevitably means he wants to go outside). After I put them on he began to pull at me to take him at outside, I love it when he pulls and pushes me to do things for him. We went outside and even though it was snowing and a bit cold we had the best time, it made me realize that all the "things" that have to get done can wait, because time flies and I don't want look back and have a lot of "wish I would haves"! Thank you Dominik for teaching me what is truly important.
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Savor the Moments!
I am astonished at how fast time flies when you have kids. For instance I feel like it was just yesterday that I was bringing Dominik home from the hospital. Now each day he is doing something new, and more often than not it something hilarious! His little vocabulary is getting bigger and bigger and I often find myself wanting to savor the moment with each little thing he says and does, and so lately I have been savoring the moments rather than rushing through the moments. I think sometimes I get so caught up in what I have to do and when it has to be done that I forget what is really important. So today when Dominik brought me his boots and asked for me to put them on instead, of distracting him and hiding them, I put them on (the reason I have to hide them is because this inevitably means he wants to go outside). After I put them on he began to pull at me to take him at outside, I love it when he pulls and pushes me to do things for him. We went outside and even though it was snowing and a bit cold we had the best time, it made me realize that all the "things" that have to get done can wait, because time flies and I don't want look back and have a lot of "wish I would haves"! Thank you Dominik for teaching me what is truly important.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Julie,
You just made me cry. I am serious I started reading that I just started crying. It is so true. So thank for reminding me what is important.
Thanks-I needed that tonight.
Yes...Time goes by way too fast with kids. Sad huh??? He is so cute!!! And what a great mommy you are to spend time in the SNOW with him. I'm sure you made his day...just like he made yours!!! He's too cute Bomber!!!
Wait a second. Did elements photography do his pictures??? Is he on Dominik on their website??? I LOVE the picture.
Post a Comment