Sunday, April 3, 2011

A mouse not only in my house...

(Not the actual mouse but how creepy is this?)
Last night I about died. You heard it folks I about had a heart attack at the meager age of 29! I went into my bedroom to put away laundry when in the corner of my eye I thought I saw something. So as any normal person would do I turn to make sure there was nothing there. Well, there was something there a no good dirty rotten mouse sitting on Luke's pillow smiling at me! I screamed my brains out and it was no ordinary scream it was a scream with gasps of air all the while running high knees into the living room! Dominik was in amazement and repeatedly said "what mom, what mom" needless to say he was very nervous! While I was screaming and gasping and high kneeing I was dialing not 911 but LUKE on the teleophono! As soon as Luke got on the phone I was trying to get my words out that there was a mouse in our bedroom on our bed on his pillow smiling/taunting me! As Dominik heard these words "Mouse" he began to cry his head off! Luke was mortified that I was acting the way I was and said "Stop it, you will not make my son a Wuss, let me talk to Dominik". I gave the phone to Dominik and he stopped crying and kept saying "ok dad, ok dad". Once Dominik got off the phone he wiped his eyes with both his hands stood up and said " I need my pants, my boots and my bat I got to go kill that mouse mom"! I about died of laughter! The next plan of action came when I called Luke's dad to bring mouse traps down and set them up for me-thank goodness for him! Next, I packed my bags and took the kids and myself up to mom's house for the night-like heck I was sleeping with a MOUSE!! Today, we went home and Dominik woke his dad up and ask him if he had got the mouse. After, talking to his dad he came running to tell me "mom, dad got the mouse, dad got the mouse" then with a fist pump he said "hot dog"! So, the next time you see me around and think "wow she looks tired" you will know that I am tired for a number of reasons......I worry about mice, snakes, stalking neighbors, a baby that enjoys being a night owl, and a pager from the hospital-you heard it folks I am a very tired lady!


3 comments:

syerke said...

ha ha ha ha ha...oh forgive me for laughing so dang hard but that is so freakin funny! I can imagine it as if I were there..everything from the high knees to the fist pump and "hot dog"! So funny! It's actually a cute lookin mouse...the kind they put in story books for kids.
Well I hope you've been able to get some sleep since its gone. ha ha ha ha

Unknown said...

OH. My. Gosh! I am sitting here laughing so hard. The fist pump with "hot dog!", the strange neighbor worries, the killing of the mouse by a boy in his boots with a bat...seriously!?! SO funny!

Dalton Family said...

Oh, I so relate. Jag has seen me standing on the kitchen counter for the very same reason. Just looking at your picture makes my heart sink!!! How did you get up enough nerve to take a picture of it?